Kollington Ayinla Confirms He’s Broke,And Puts Up Part Of Alagbado Mansion For Sale

4:30 AM

Fuji Maestro Alhaji Rasak Kolawole Ilori, otherwise known as Kollington Ayinla in a new interview with Encomium Weekly opened up about his ailing health and dwindling income.
2013 has come and almost run out, how would you access the year?
It has not been a rewarding year for me. I only thank God that I am still alive.
It was reported days back that you have put this mansion for sale, how true is it?
It’s true. When you don’t have money, you use whatever you have to get what you want. I don’t have money, and I need money. I can’t just be looking at the building, I can't eat it. I need to convert it to money. But not the whole property that I want to sell. It’s just this uncompleted structure directly opposite us (shows reporter the building). I need to make that clarification so that people out there won’t be misinformed. I am only selling part and not all the property here. This is where I live. SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>

A couple of months back, it was reported that you’re seriously ill. They even said it was a strange ailment and that you’re hospitalized in a private hospital and all that. What’s the truth about the whole thing?
What happened was that most of your people don’t do their investigations very well before writing their stories. I left hospital a long time before they reported that I was sick. They even said a governor’s wife visited me at the hospital and when she was leaving her car killed somebody along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway and many other things that are not true. I had left the hospital for about two months back.
Even the day the story was out, I was in Osogbo, Osun State performing at an event alongside Musiliu Haruna Ishola. The effect of this, is that if anybody wanted to invite such an artiste for a show, they would consider meticulously because they may also believe the person was truly sick. That’s unfair.
What was the nature of the sickness?
I had ulcer and typhoid.
But we learnt it was a strange ailment and not all that medical…(Cuts in) Yes, it’s a strange ailment. It’s spiritual. That’s the best way of describing it. But I thank God I am still alive. My health condition then was worsened by the poor economic situation of Nigeria, nothing is working. Everything is paralysed. I kept thinking to the extent that I wanted to sell my property.
If the government had not turned everything upside down, people like myself are not supposed to be suffering like this.
I released a lot of albums to inform Nigerians about the happenings in the country and even beyond. In an ideal society, the government owes people like us a great responsibility.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »