John Mikel Obi signs new five-year deal with Chelsea

6:58 AM
Super Eagles midfielder, John Mikel Obi, has bagged a new deal with Chelsea, that will see him stay at Stamford Bridge till 2017.
An official club statement read: “Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce John Mikel Obi has signed a new five-year contract which will keep him at the club until 2017.

“The midfielder has been a first-team regular since arriving as a 19-year-old in the summer of 2006.
“Mikel made his debut that August, and has gone on to make 261 appearances, 213 as a starter. In that time he has scored twice.”
The 25-year-old expressed his delight, at extending his stay at the London club.
“Chelsea seems like my home now because I have been here for over six years and I enjoy my time here. I come into the training ground every day to work and I value my time there. I am happy and want to keep going and win trophies for this club.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »