Adeleke Matanmi Victor AkA BRAIN Revealed His Fantasy: I m CRAZY Over TOOLZ

3:22 PM

Nigeria’s hottest upcoming rap star christened Adeleke Matanmi Victor aka BRAIN; He’s fast climbing the success with the wide acceptance and heavy airplay his debut single “So Crazy” received. The first son of a humble family of four children from Ogun State. The final year undergraduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University speaks about his versatility, passion and preparations to take over the airwaves in this interview. Excerpts…
You just came back from Ghana for a major performance how was it?
It was an awesome and wonderful experience I had at the Ghana meet Naija show, where I had the chance to rub shoulder with likes of Don Jazzy, DR Sid, Wizkid and so many other Ghana artistes at the backstage. I really loved the reception I got from them all, they welcomed me as soon as they discovered I am also from Nigeria. SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>

When and how did you start music?
For me music is a passion and it runs in the blood, my father also loves music and plays music whenever he’s around, my brother is a professional dancer and my younger sisters are choristers in the church. It started when I was in the secondary school, where I would sing for my classmates to cheer me until I joined a group in 2005 where I did my first recording.
In my first year in school I went for an event to perform and was denied at first, but people that had seen me performed requested I must perform and when I did my performance eventually became the high point of the event and from that day on; no looking back for me.
What difference are you out to make in the music industry?
I am original and true to myself, my voice texture, the way I rap and sing brings out the uniqueness in me. I am also a versatile with my kind of songs; I can even sing reggae and the likes. And I listen to different songs from great personalities like legendary Fela Anikulapo, Evang. Ebenezer Obey, Sir Shina Peters and so many others. With the blend of all of these great musicians it helps me avoid being stereotypic with my songs. I am signed to Magikal Entertainment with a debut single ‘So Crazy’ and my two videos What You Looking At” and “Lu Badi” shot myMattMax will soon be on the screen for viewers pleasure. “Lu Badi” is a song with a fun theme where one is just having staring at a pretty lady and “What You Looking At” is announcing my arrival as the next big thing in the Naija’s rap stage.
How are you coping combing music and education?
Combining education and music is not so easy because music is quite jealous; you have to create quality time to write and record meaningful songs, perform at events and do a lot of other things that being an artiste entails. But to the glory of God I have been able to balance the two without conflicting each other. What I do majorly is to study when I am supposed to be and also to do music during the time allotted to it. So it gives little or no time to play around.
What influence your lyrics or what inspires you to write?
I’m greatly influenced by happenings around me because I tried to be as realistic as possible with my songs.
Are your songs also the regular “commercial” music we are presently experiencing from many young Nigerian acts?
My songs are surely not the regular “noise making” as I sometimes see it. Songs are most times meant to address societal issues or used a medium to pass out messages. In as much that I want to do the regular party or feel-good dongs, I still want to pass out message to young people out there, just like my coming single “Take It Easy”. The song addresses the issue of young people wanting to make fast money without working hard. Commercial songs to me are songs that allow an artiste to cross over his original genre and not just noise making or ass shaking songs. Laugh!
Who are the artistes or producers you are looking forward to work with?
A whole lot of artistes and producers because you have to make different tunes that appeals to a wide audience to last in this industry. And I’m hoping to work with great personalities like 2face, Don Jazzy, elDee, Tiwa Savage and many more.
Do you have any Nigerian female celeb you have a huge crush on?
Yes of course! I’m a huge fan of Beat FM Toolz.
You kidding me! Why Toolz?
Sure I’m not. Toolz is one woman I respected her hustle and rise to the top of her game within her short entry into the Nigerian entertainment scene. She’s done very well for herself and aside all these; she’s cute and well endowed like a typical African queen. 
What’s the passion that drives you?
First of all it’s God and the fact that what I have is a talent given to me by God and it is meant to be an instrument to touch lives. So I don’t see myself doing anything else besides music and I am ready to go all the way, giving all that it requires to touch lives with my music. I am also passionately driven by reaching people and affecting them positively. Also with the philosophy that life is not a bed of roses and tears of thorns; it’s simply a mixture of the good, bad and ugly. You can’t eat your cake and have it.
 What should Naija expect from Brain?
Expect a lot for me because Brain is here to stay, change the game and take over.  I also want them to keep supporting me and look out for my songs and video that will be out soon.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »