Musician Lauryn Hill sentenced to 3 months in prison for tax evasion

12:46 PM

Yesterday Monday May 6th,2013 Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months in jail, a $60,000 fine, and one year probation. She must report to prison on July 8th to start serving her sentence. Before she was sentenced, Lauryn Hill said something. Despite paying her back taxes in full, singer Lauryn Hill, has been sentenced to three months in federal prison for tax evasion.
At her last court hearing Lauryn Hill was given two weeks to come up with $500,000 toward her $1.8 million tax debt. According to reports, Lauryn Hill paid $900,000 to the IRS on Sunday but it wasn't enough to keep her from getting locked up.
Before she was sentenced Lauryn Hill explained, 
SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I was put into a system I didn't know the nature of. I'm a child of former slaves. I got into an economic paradigm and had that imposed on me. I sold 50 million units. Now I'm up here paying a tax debt. If that's not likened to slavery, I don't know what is."

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »